- SIMO talks at the A11Y Bytes event in Sydney.
Radio interviews with Media Access Australia and Vision Australia
- Access iQ News-feature article about technology and SIMO
- Media Access Australia feature article about SIMO
- Sydney Morning Herald article about Indoor GPS
- Sydney Morning Herald article about Indoor Mapping
- Mapping the Great Indoors - Shot at the IPIN2012 conference
- UNSW Engineers magazine, Issue 26, October 2012 (p19)
- Creating the Future | UNSW Engineering, Published, 8th of June, 2009 (p17)
- SIMO Project presentation at the UNSW Innovation Awards 2012
- Introduction to Wi-Fi fingerprinting shot at UNSW
This section presents a list of useful links related to technology already available to the Blind and Vision Impaired, but also to accessibility in general:
- Smartphones become essential accessories for the blind
- BrailleTouch Helps Visually Impaired Users
- Vision Australia Home Page: blindness and low vision services in Australia.
- Vision Australia Radio: Australian radio for the blind and vision impaired.
- Guide Dogs NSW/ACT Home Page: Exists to enhance the independence and safe mobility of people who are blind or vision impaired.
- 2RPH Community Radio: Talking radio for the print handicapped.
- Blind Citizens Australia: the united voice of blind and vision-impaired Australians.
- Tiresias: very useful site, publications and research in AT and links to NGOs and government bodies researching and working in AT.
- Ramsey Stewart Industrial Design: partner of the SIMO project.
- RNIB: the Royal National Institute of Blind People.
- John Gill Technology Ltd: former head of Tiresias and RNIB Scientific Research Unit.
- Tedicore: Telcommunications and Disability consumer representation.
- School of Surveying and Spatial Information Systems: partner of the SIMO project.
- Cardiac-EU: advancing research & development in the area of accessible and assistive ICT.
- UCSB Personal Guidance system: group at the University of California working on similar challenges.